You have probably come across different whitening brands before such as Zoom, LumaWhite and Opalescence. At Floss Bar, we are using a brand new system, Pola Office+. Many customers asks us about it, and if it really can be as good as the other systems considering its amazing price?
The short answer is yes, it is. We love Pola Office+ for a number of reasons: our whole team uses it, we believe it provides the same or better results in a more efficient and cost-effective way, it is also FDA approved. On top of this, you can book it with us for only $215.
Pola Office+ has three advantages over its competitors:
1. It is a stronger product
- 37.5% hydrogen peroxide vs. 25% hydrogen peroxide max products
- Using a higher concentration of the same chemical means the results will be equivalent or better
2. It is a faster product
- A single session (all you need) is 32 minutes of treatment versus 45 minutes
- This reduces jaw pain and boredom, and allows us to provide more availability to fit your schedule
3. The company does not up-charge its kits to the dentist
- The materials are significantly less expensive than those of the competitors but with equally high standards
- Paying a fraction of the price for materials reduces our costs, so we can pass on the savings to you
As far as sensitivity, all of the chemicals used in whitening systems are strong. That is why you can only get them applied at the office supervised by professionals. Sensitivity is mainly a function of chemical, temperature, enamel quality of the patient, and how well we are able to cover the gums. Pola has the advantage of being a light-free system, which means it does not require a heat lamp during the process, which makes tooth sensitivity worse. This balances out the additional sensitivity which could have been caused by the chemical percentage being higher. As long as you are a good candidate and use sensitivity toothpaste, this should not be a problem.
At Floss Bar, assessing the new products on the market is something that enables us to stay cutting-edge. We hope you enjoyed taking a look under our hood!